Monday 26 March 2012

Q3: What have you learned from your audience feedback?



 Audience feedback has been of primary importance in every stage of the project. Initially it was important to establish a target audience before getting audience feedback. From research online it was clear that psychological thrillers and horrors generally attracted a fairly young audience. The target audience I decided on was ages ranging from 16-24. Once I had a target audience it was vital that I targeted them through a number of mediums. Blogger is tool I used to create a poll. This wasn’t a very successful form of audience feedback as not many people replied. It was also difficult to get feedback from a specific audience. I therefore did it manually by asking people in my media class and people in the sixth form what they thought would be the best title. Yahoo answers were a useful way in which to get quick feedback. We used it when we were creating the narrative of our film. During the research stages my partner and I asked our friends what they’d like to see in a psychological thriller. After gaining insight into what would attract our target audience we began producing our film. The preliminary filming was very useful in gaining insight into what worked and what didn’t. Youtube was another way we gained feedback. The comment section helped us gain further understanding of our target audience and statistics from Youtube showed us who was watching our video. This helped understand what age demographics we should target.

The figures below indicate that our target audience could be older than first anticipated.






Facebook was the most useful way in which to improve my production pieces. I adjusted my double page spread after I gained feedback from Natasha Harmer and Henry Scott. Henry (aged 18)also thought it looked excellent which indicates that it would attract my target audience. I also changed my poster after getting feedback from Facebook. It was suggested that the age certificate wasn't necessary so I took it off and its its place created my own "LJ pictures" logo. This is because existing media texts often contain logo's of the production company e.g. Warner Bros.


My ancillaries were improved from constant feedback from my peers and target audience. Here is the latest development from my target audience. Here is also another post in which I showed my development through audience feedback.



Here is the transformation after receiving feedback from my audience. From the audience feedback shown above I:
-        Removed the age certificate
-        Reduced the font size on the credits
-        Created a ‘LJ productions’ logo
-         Rearranged the page

No comments:

Post a Comment